San Jose HVAC Maintenance
Keep your HVAC system maintained and running at peak performance year-round. Your furnace, air conditioner, ductwork. HVAC systems play a significant role in our daily life. They keep you cool, heat your home, and allow you to live comfortably year-round.
However, if you want to keep them working for years, they must be maintained well. We need to perform maintenance on the HVAC units so that they stay in good condition.
Dirty filters, coils, and the blower wheel all need to be cleaned regularly. If you aren't having seasonal maintenance done each year, it can lead to damage beyond repair. Save yourself money and heartache by investing in maintenance services.
Keep Your San Jose HVAC Maintenance in check
There are many things that need to be checked on for your furnace for example, such as:
- Perform system vital checks and log the data for future performance comparisons
- Inspect the exhaust system and confirm there is proper venting and adequate combustion air for the furnace to operate safely and efficiently.
- Perform a combustion analysis once per year, log data for future reference
- Ensuring air filters are in good condition and replaced when needed
- Inspect and clean blower assembly (includes blower housing, blower wheel, and motor)
- Motor, bearings, belts, and switches are clean and working properly
- Inspect burner assembly—clean and adjust as needed
- Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps
- Monitor gas furnace for correct line and manifold gas pressure—make adjustments as needed
- Carbon monoxide is at safe levels, and there’s nothing obstructing airflow
Air Conditioner Maintenance
Air conditioners have similar needs, so our trained team looks for things like:
- The seals around the unit are still tight and not leaking any air.
- Filters aren’t clogged and can produce quality airflow.
- Wires and other electrical components are in a safe condition for you and your family.
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary
- Clean dirt, leaves, and debris from inside cabinet
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings—remove obstructions as necessary
- Inspect coil and cabinet—clean as needed
Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage—on older models, lubricate as needed
- Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring, and connections Components may include
- Circuit boards
- other accessories. All control boxes and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage
- Measure high and low side system refrigerant pressures
- Measure temperature split and adjust airflow as needed
Many people think that once a unit is installed, they can forget about it. But that’s not the case. Every part of an HVAC system requires regular maintenance to keep it running efficiently.
Did you know that unmaintained HVAC units need to operate up to 20% harder to produce the same results as well-maintained units?
Properly maintained systems need less energy to run, meaning less stress on the parts of the unit.
With regular maintenance, repairs will be minimal and thus keep the unit in tip-top shape throughout its useful life.
Schedule your regular HVAC checks with us to avoid abrupt surprises and unnecessary costs.
Our team will arrive promptly at your door to improve the longevity and performance of your appliances. We are experienced in diagnosing HVAC issues and stopping problems before they happen with regular checkups.
Investing in maintenance service plans will ensure that you don’t get shocked when you realize you didn’t prepare for the upcoming seasons.
Are you online searching for “HVAC contractors near me”?
Look no further than Silicon Valley Comfort in San Jose for reliable and professional HVAC services
Contact Us Today: 408-877-6911
Ask About Our HVAC Repairs and Service in San Jose
Ready to work with an HVAC contractor with integrity?
Request a service call with no obligation. We'll make sure you have the knowledge to make the right decision for your home's comfort and efficiency.